Saturday, December 31, 2011

Gossip is the art of saying nothing in a way that leaves practically nothing unsaid.

What I thought will be the worst day turned out to be a nice one, actually. Another day of slavery work... ok, maybe not slavery, as I'm usually slacking at work a lot. Of course, I work hard too. I just maintain a healthy balance. Harmony is necessary in everything one do.

New Year's close, so everyone seems to be in good mood. It doesn't matter how the 2011 year was anymore, we have the courage to start everything anew beginning from 1st of January! So it was good to see people's smiles. Everyone was saying 'Happy New Year' and I felt really great!

But the store on our left was in a mess. Their boss hired three girls with a contract till the end of this year. And he said he would decide on two girls. That means, one would be dismissed, or rather that person's contract won't be renewed. And today was the day of fnal decision.
I have to add that today was Sylwia's birthday. She is one of those three girls. She's very open for people, a social person. She talks with everyone and she is able to do it. She's honest and sincere. She's a bit annoying, but it's cute. A person, who can talk about everything and who can listen to everything you want to say. She doesn't seem to judge people and smiles a lot.
We gave her a small gift and a card, she was really happy. And then she heard that she will work in January and all. I'm hapy for her.

But then, the second girl, Kasia lost her job. She was so stressed out for these few last days that it had an effect on her health. Kasia is less self-confident comparing to Sylwia. She's a bit shy, but she has her opninions. She is weak to guys, but she wants to have power of decision. She tries hard and gves her all. And she likes everyone, without talking bad about them.
Kasia and her humpf face ^^
The third girl got this job because of connections. We don't like her that much, because she disregards schedule and comes and goes as she pleases. She takes a coffee breaks twice or three times a day, but for over 1,5 hour. She's over 30 years old but still not married. She likes to party and have fun. She's from some small town and she is quite scared of the big city. She treats me like her little sister, which is quite nice. I think we're a totally different styles, but I don't think I can say I hate her. She's just different from the people I know.

Also,
I have a photo taken from before Christmas Eve's dinner. My favourte dish - buns with mushroom filling. We eat it with a soup, called barszcz (barshch). It's a traditional Polish Christmas first dish. At least at my house.
Polish Christmas = eating, eating, eating, eating, eating....... = +10kg of wieght.
 And another photo - postcards I got. One from Japan and another one from Opole in Poland.
No idea why the photo is upside down, or rather 'rightside' down, but please don't mind. The important thing is that the pink card is from Tokyo!!!!

Happy New Year, guys!!!!

1 comment: