Tuesday, January 24, 2012

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.

My friend from Japan said he sent me a small gift. I was happy to hear that and I was waiting for it. I even checked mail box yesterday and today too. And finally today I took out a small package from the mailbox. I saw Japanese characters on it and I smiled brightly. Yay! Finally here!
And then, how surprised I was to see it's not the package I was waiting for. But, here another pleasant surprise. Another friend, who I actually never personally met, sent me a small gift for the New Year's. This friend is a Japanese women of Korean descent, who lives in Japan as a Japanese person. As I was writing about Korean community in Japan for my graduation thesis, I wrote to her to ask for some help. She kindly replied and told me a lot of interesting things, which I'm always very thankful for. As she was travelling to Polan, we were to meet in Warsaw, but because of my graduation thesis (sic!) I couldn't go. And it's a second time she's sending me a small gift. I'm very happy to receive it.
What can be more Japanese than Hello Kitty?!?!


Today, I got an email from Japan also, saying that the project I took part in will be taken on another level. As a Polish representant I was sharing my thoughts about Japanese manga for girls. We were just writing about what we like and dislike on an internet forum. Now, a book might be made out of it. Photos of the people who took part in it might be shown in the book too. I hope I made enough of a contribution to this project. It makes me excited to think that my opinions will be printed! They said we will receive this book, when it gets printed.

Days to CA: 62

3 comments:

  1. Aww how cute! So nice of her!
    I'm crossing my finger for the book! :))

    Lots of kisses :***

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sorry: fingerS !

    (it would be hard to cross just one finger ;)

    ReplyDelete