Sunday, March 31, 2013

The turning point really is just knowing you're an imbecile.

Well... What can I say.

Till now, everything I wanted came quite easy, so it was just right that the good vibe had to end one day. But why now? Couldn't my good luck wait a bit more?

As you guys know, I decided to try for Emirates just one month ago. I was preparing every aspect of myself to pass the interview. I did things I would never think I would do to get this job. And you know what the funniest part is, I got eliminated on the first stage. Wow. My first impression sucks. I have to fix it.
I know why actually. I was nervous and I was chaotic and I was talking very fast. This is what I was aware of to not to do. And I did it. It was my first experience, so after I woke up from shock and depression I decided not to give up.
Where should I go next?
A few people (even some who I've never met) encouraged me a lot before the interview, and helped me after it, although they might not be aware of it. I want to thank them and try my best next time. I can reapply for Emirates only after 6 months, so in between I will try for different airlines. Even if I don't get any job before those 6 months pass, I will gain confidence and I will know how the whole interview business works.

I asked Mr Google, who told me that I can apply for Qatar Airways till 30th of April. Probably on 30th of April an Assessement Day will take place in Gdańsk too. Gdańsk is a far far away place, but I was thinking that I should go anyway! It's a so-called 'May weekend' in Poland, so I'll ask for a few days off at work and go. At least I will apply online first, which is required in QA. And talking about QA, I also found a blog written in Polish by a girl (from Kraków) who is a Qatar Airways flight attendant. She described all the training, her first flights, her later experiences, and I love all that she wrote.
This is a link for Polish speakers (other people should try it with Google Translate, but it might become weird then)>>> Polish QA flight attendant's blog


Now I'm still at my old workplace finishing my last shifts (the last last last one is tomorrow night). Starting from 3rd of April I'm beginning my new job too. This will also be a challenging job. And I also hope to be able to attend our dance group's performance on 13th of April in Kraków.

I though April will be lazy month, but I think it's going to be a busy one again. And I love it <3


No comments:

Post a Comment