Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The meeting of preparation with opportunity generates the offspring we call luck.

Phew... The busy weekend is over. Many things happened over the last few days. I signed contract for my new job...

...and if I don't do well, they will dismiss me without paying anything.
I received magnetic card, which I have to use to open staff door, a key to my locker in our changing room - no 30, my name tag with letters Trainee_Pamela on it and of course my contract - only for two months for now, but if I do well, I will get a long term contract, is what they said.

Unfortunately the next day wasn't too lucky at first, thanks to some circumstances which I couldn't control I was late for the make-up lesson, but I managed to catch up with everyone and I could apear on the photos, which we took as an advertisement of our dance group.
Sakuramai Poland or 桜舞ポーランド yay!
After photo session we had a harsh training, it's the last one before our performance, and then off to dinner with a pint of beer. It was a very tiring day, but I couldn't sleep much, as I had to be at work at 6 am the next day, which meant that I had to wake up at 4:30 am.
Let's stop the time for a few more hours and I'll get some more sleep...
But in the end everything went well and I slept enough on Sunday. And on Monday I sent an email to work that I want to quit. My idea was to send an email for a few days before I'm at work, so that when I talk to the manager personally, he is calm already. Too bad, just a few minutes past since I sent the e-mail, my mobile started ringing like crazy. I set a meeting with the manager for the same day and well, what can I say, he seemed really sad that I'm quitting. I told him about an opportunity I got in Radisson Blu Hotel and that I love my job now, but I just need to get out of my comfort zone and reach higher. He said he understands it well, athough he was planning for me to work more and do more responsible job too. I'm sorry, Mr Manager. I like you, but I need to leave. He praised me a lot lately, so I was a bit embarassed about the whole situation. He was asking me if it's him that did something wrong, or is my pay not enough... I feel bad, because I did feel like I'm belonging somewhere. But I cannot resign for this opportunity given me in the new workplace. It's gonna be difficult and harsh training starting from 3rd of April!

And I'm still thinking about my Emirates career. Of course, I will attend the Open Day and pray to pass it, but even if I do, the actual work or training starts around half a year after the Open Day, when I really need work and cash. I will not give up on my Emirates job. If I fail this time, I will try again!

Generation of people born in 90s! Cheers for our future!

No comments:

Post a Comment