Sunday, February 3, 2013

Making mistakes is the only universal form of originality.

I started a new job. I signed the contract. I had a few hours of training (22 hours altogether). I was avoiding doing many things on my first shift. And although it's only my fourth day, I know I'm on another stage now. It's the mistake stage. I'm using my courage to do things now, not making others do it, and as a results I'm making lots of mistakes, as the one today. I'm still mentally unprepared for talk with the manager, but as soon as he learns my mistake, I'm too scared to think what he will do.

But on the other hand, I started my shift with the mistake, so it couldn't get any worse from then on. And I was right. It got definitely better. It got so much better that I even received an award-like present from one of the guests. He came at the beginning of my shift, finally he took a room and he left the hotel in the evening. He came back at 4 am in the morning telling me how much he likes it here and the beer here too. He took out bananas, chocolate and bread from his bag and gave it to me complimenting my looks and explaining that he's saying it only because of the beer which had made him honest. I didn't want to tell him that I am sick, I look like I was working for 48 hours already, not for 6. But I ate one banana after mister Security Guard refused it.

This month seems like it's gonna be a hard one. Lots of options and opportunities are coming and going. I feel like some of them are just waiting for me to grab them. On the other hand I don't want to take the easy road, although to be honest, lately I seem to be thinking about an easy way out. Like going to China again. Changing jobs. Choosing another career path.

I'll eat the bread I got from my guest. Soon I'll be going home for a short nap just to come back to work again. Hate it but love it. I like being busy. Busy bee!

No comments:

Post a Comment