Wednesday, February 6, 2013

I have so much chaos in my life, it's become normal. You become used to it. You have to just relax, calm down, take a deep breath and try to see how you can make things work rather than complain about how they're wrong.


I was sent to another hotel from our group today again. And hey, it's actually quite cool! I caught a cold almost (if not more than) one week ago and it's getting worse and worse, so at least I can work in a warm place. And seriously, is it some kind of irony that there are so many Japanese guests to arrive here? There are at least 5 or 6 reservations made by Japanese citizens here. In my usual workplace, we have only one reservation from Japanese guest, who is to arrive on 9th - the day when I work on the night shift. On the other hand we have many Chinese guests. Is it some kind of sign?

Well, this night shift seem to be a very calm one. It's Wednesday - that's one. In the whole hotel here (and the hotel is REALLY small) there are only 4 rooms occupied. No reservations for today either. The only disturbance might be the football game tonight. Poland plays agains Ireland and after 34 minutes of the game it's still 0-0. I had to fight the tv remote control...

Wait! Goooaaaaalllll!!!!! Ooops, it's a goal for Ireland!

So, anyway, the tv here seems to be working quite fine. It's hanging just in front of the reception desk. But when I started to watch a movie about American air forces, a guest came out of the room to ask about a few things. One - ironing desk and iron. Done! Shower gel - he refused soap and took shampoo telling me that it IS a shower gel. Ok, done! Can he and his chubby daughter watch a game with me, because the television is the room seems to have some problems? Ok, no problem, sir. But the television here.... The remote control looked like it had a looong and hard life. It took me around half an hour to figure out how to change channels. But as for the volume, no matter what I did it didn't work at all. The guest himself took the remote, pushed every button possible and discovered 'the' button. And so, I am writing my blog while watching Poland-Ireland game, blowing my nose and replying to e-mails sent by the guests.

It's 42 minutes into the game... Still 1-0.


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/52/Madinat_Jumeirah-Dubai3305.JPG/270px-Madinat_Jumeirah-Dubai3305.JPG
How would it be to work in a hotel like this?


Today I saw an offer which made me think.... about Dubai. A city-state full of high-class hotels. The most sophisticated and posh place to go on holidays to. My chances to get a job in a hotel in Dubai are quite low, but trying never hurt anyone. And it makes me imagine a lot. With new flight connections from Warsaw (the capital of Poland) to Dubai, I'm beginning to think how cool would it be to go to Dubai! Have you ever been there?


EDIT:

It's 4:30 am now and it started snowing! When I went out to see it, I was amazed. It just looked so beautiful. Next to the hotel there is an old church too, so looking at the snow with such a beautiful background was delightful! I took some pics with my mobile and although not of a good quality, maybe it will give you some insight on my feelings:

That's what I see when I go out of the building.

I love snow!

And cars... I love cars :P


No comments:

Post a Comment