Sunday, February 10, 2013

If I didn't try to eavesdrop on every bus ride I take or look for the humor when I go for a walk, I would just be depressed all the time.

Quite some time ago I wrote about buses, as I recall. Bus is like a gate to another world for me. But one bus was especially important in my life, and still is. The Bus No 179.

Photo taken from http://wiadomosci.onet.pl/regionalne/krakow/rewolucja-w-komunikacji-miejskiej-co-sie-zmieni,5296697,10850739,artykul-fotoreportaz-duzy.html
This bus took me to all the place I belonged to, from my high school years. No, even earlier. I was riding 170-bus even in middle school. So: middle school, high school, university and now my workplace. The same bus takes me everywhere, even to my dance group practice. If I want to go to the center - the same bus. If I want to take a stroll next to the Wawel Castle - here it is. I even have a friend, who I met in high-school, but who is my bus-buddy. His bus stop is earlier than mine. He was usually getting on earlier, I was joining him one or two bus stops later. His girlfriend's place was another few stops later. Few stops more and I was getting off to go to my university. He was getting off sometimes one stop earlier than me, sometimes at the same stop, sometimes somewhere further. Anyway, what is important is that in high-school we were only exchanging greetings like 'Hi', 'See you' and nothing more, while on the bus we were talking about all sort of things. About his travels, about my studies. And I have to admit he's one of a cool guy, he travelled to place which I've never even dreamed about. So, having him as a conversation partner for those 15-20 minutes on the bus is nothing but pleasure!

The other bus-connected story is my bus-crush-sad-love-story. There was a guy. He was a senior on my university, the same faculty. I never had a chance to talk to him between classes, but!!! He was taking the same bus as me in the morning, so the days when we were starting lectures at the same time, we could meet in the bus! A great occasion to start a conversation, acquaintance, friendship and who knows what more! And there is also another character in this story. My, well you could say "best" university friend. She likes the guy too, as it turns out. If you ever watched any series for women on TV you must already predict some drama involved. Indeed it was so.

No need to tell the whole story. The ending is that my "best" friend and I stopped being "bests" (makes me loose hope for a real friendship huh), she started dating the bus-guy and they moved in togather, as I suppose, since I've never seen the guy in my bus again. I hate to write about this story, I'm still not over it at all. Forget about the guy, this friend was a very interesting person, who really appreciated me too. But hey, it's always guys fault when something happens, right? :P

Well, at least, it's not the bus' fault. Cheers for the best bus in Krakow! 179 forever!


No comments:

Post a Comment