Sunday, February 17, 2013

Be like a postage stamp. Stick to one thing until you get there.

After working for half a month already, finally I was upgraded to morning shifts. After 22 hours of training I was only allowed to work night shifts at first, to not to be able to mess things up too much. After few night shifts, I found the courage to say that I can move to afternoon shifts, but I was still afraid of the mornings. Apparently the mornings are the busiest shifts of all. Really?

So, I have to wake up when the sun is still down, which makes me feel like I'm actually working the night shift. Even before other people living with me think about waking up, I have to wait for the bus already. Surprisingly there are many people riding this bus, even though it's the very first bus in the morning. I already recognize some people riding all the way with me.

I'm getting off at the last stop and run to my workplace, just to open the door to my hotel at 6:00 am. The same happened today, although before opening the door some nice things happen to me earlier. Let's go a bit back in time. I woke up before 5 am to get ready. At 4:58 am I was entering my kitchen fully dressed and ready to despair about contents of the fridge (it's always full of things that I don't eat), but I saw a pot of rice ready, a pack of candies and a small note from my mom saying to eat it at work and have a nice day. Wow. That's like the first time since I was 10 years old that something nice happened to me. Especially when it comes to my mom! ♥

Then, while getting off at my stop, I noticed that my friend is getting of from the same bus! Which means that we were riding it together from half-way! She was going to work too, which is a hostel quite close by to. Her first day shift too. Fedior ♥

And now, although it's only 8 am many guest were so kind as to wake up early and start to check out. Great! Everything is so nice today!

Also, yesterday I went to dance practice. Only 6 people came somehow, but it was fun. I have to admit I am quite fascinated about one guy in our group. Fascinated, not like in being in love with, but he is a very interesting person. He is half-Japanese half-something, who came to Poland to learn Polish language. He has a Japanese name, but tells everyone to call him Paweł (totally Polish name). He speaks in Japanese like a Japanese person and sometimes he says something in Polish, although very rarely, well, we use Japanese during the practice too, sometimes he doesn't seem to understand what we are saying, sometimes he does understand it too. I feel such a strong dismatch that I can't take my eyes of him when he's talking.
Well, but what I wanted to say is that a friend of mine, who came to the training with his girlfriend, who is the funniest person in the world (at least, one of them), advised me to drink orange juice and eat garlic to cure my cold. I didn't have the orange juice, so I made a garlic toasts and.... DAMN, it worked! Today I'm not coughing as much as earlier. Runny nose seem better too.

Kids, eat garlic to cure colds!

And just now I got a chocolate cake from lady from Housekeeping and I sat down with her and another girl working with her, and we had a nice chat. Earlier I also got shoes from the same lady ^^; Apparently she bought them for her daughter-in-law, but they were refused, so she gave it to me, as it's my shoe size. They fit perfectly. Good!

I'm going to figure out group reservation now! See you!

No comments:

Post a Comment