Wednesday, January 30, 2013

New ideas pass through three periods...........

...
1) It can't be done.
2) It probably can be done, but it's not worth doing.
3) I knew it was a good idea all along!

I talked with my friend, who hanged out with me in China today, ust to hear the great news. It's not anything big, but it made me so excited!
When I was in China, one friend asked me to help them put with one thing. He and his friends were opening a small hotel, rather hostel, if I may say. Even before opening the rooms were somehow reserved. It's a mystery how they conducted advertising, but no matter what it was, it worked. They opened a hostel-hotel in a nice style, the interior and everything was done by them personally. Those friends have two different shops already, one is called 木里 and is a nice cafe, decorated in a very raw style. Another one, which was actually the first thing they started was a small flower shop, whichh luckily was located close to the place where I was staying in China. Actually this small flower shop started everything.

The Flower Shop.

Everything that I experienced in Xiamen, started from this small Flower Shop. People I met, places I saw, friends I made. It's all thanks to this special place. The name is 花骡子, which is partly a name of an owner. But of course, Chinese names have their meanings, so if I were to translate it literally, it means Flower Mule (you know, Mule like an animal).

So, what I was saying is, the guys who started the Flower Shop, opened a hotel this time. And I suggested them to put it on hostelworld.com website to get some foreign guests too. They conceded and I was asked to help with correcting English desciption of the hotel. And so I did it. I uploaded photos, added my description and I was waiting for my friend to do something more with it.

My time in China passed by quickly, and everyone forgot about hostelworld. As I said, the hotel's business was doing quite good, but it was popular mostly by Chinese tourists.

Here is the hostelworld page about my friends' hostel. It's called Shop No 2, as it was created in a style of Flower Shop, which is the first shop. The interior design is very unique and a bit of an Asian style but a bit modern in a way. It's hard to explain in words, the photos on hostelworld might not be enough either, but click HERE and check it out yourself!

And the good news I heard today was that the first reservation came! Apparently my friend added updated rates and prices on the website, and today they recieved the very very first reervation, made by two UK girls. I already gave some piece of advice to my friend, making him angry almost. Well, but the first foreign guests! It's going to be a big day! 13th of February!

Today is a good day~!

No comments:

Post a Comment