Monday, January 28, 2013

I had a dream that I was awake and I woke up to find myself asleep.

Here I am, first night shift (and first in general) in my new workplace. It's not as fascinating as one might want to, but not as boring as I expected it to be either. Time is moving slower and slower ever since it showed midnight and I'm here, accompanied with one nice security guard, who's quite eager to chat, sometimes maybe too eager.

Till now, I talked with a few guests. With one only through the intercom, when he asked to open the door for him. Then his girlfriend came. On the reception desk, in a place where the guests' eyesight doesn't reach we have a tv, which looks like it experienced a lot, which showes the security camera's view. After letting the guest in, letting his girlfriend in, I could see like a movie scene in the tv, where Mister-Room-No-003 and his Lady were hugging in front of the room for around 3 minutes 45 seconds, kissing a bit and then moved inside the room.

Then, a drunk guest from room no..... somewhere on the second floor, came down to ask about some convenience store or a place where he could buy cigarettes. It was no top secret that he was a bit tipsy (ok, 'a bit' is too diplomatic), as the vodka-smelly breath reached my nose which is big enough to smell all. Mr Security Guard showed him the way, but before it happened the Vodka-Breath-Guest showed me his membership card for our hotels group with pride reflected in his eyes. 'Yes, sir. We are very happy you are staying with us'.

Another guest passed by the reception quickly hiding his face, but both me and Mr SG saw that the guest must have had been in a fight, and he probably hadn't won. But as scary as his face looked like, he seemed very nice, because he properly greeted me with 'Good evening'. I want to believe it was not him who started the fight. I bet someone must have been in trouble, and he just wanted to save the person in need, so he got punched in his face. For a good cause!

It's still only half past one, so I need to take my time doing things. Till 5 am, I have no real job to do, so I'm going back to reading blogs about night shifts in a hotel. They have some nice stories to tell. If you're interested go there:

1. Graveyard Shift Chicago

2. Tales from the Night Shift

1 comment:

  1. Hhah Pam I love this post! I had an awesome time reading it! Looking forward to read more! :D

    ReplyDelete