Friday, March 2, 2012

At no time are we ever in such complete possession of a journey, down to its last nook and cranny, as when we are busy with preparations for it. (Yukio Mishima)

Finally, preparations for my Chinese Adventure started. Only now am I becoming aware of what's awaiting me and I'm really getting scared!
Hotel in Xiamen.

AIESEC in Xiamen changed the contact person. This time it's girl called Juno, who's the most active from all three that I was talking to. She sent me all documents right away, helped with understanding visa matters, answered all my silly and not that silly questions. I'm amazed by how nice this girl is. Chinese girl - 100 points to awesomeness!

But new fact came on the surface. I'll be staying in Xiamen for 6 months, another six months I'll be in Shishi where the main hotel of this Wanguard Oriental Chain Hotels Group is situated. When I saw the photos I was like WOAH, so why not. Shishi seems to be famous because of its garmet industry (clothes clothes clothes) and is situated some 100 kilometers away from Xiamen. It's still close to the sea and photos I got from Juno shows it as a quite a beautiful piece of land!
As I suspected, uniforms will be prepared for us. In Xiamen I'm gonna live in dormitories for employees, don't know why but I was given the same address as the hotel itself...... Well, anyway. At Shishi I will have to rent my own flat, I guess. The Chinese are not too sure about the situation in Shishi either. But my own flat...... it sound so cool. I would like to share it with someone of course. I just hope to be able to communicate in Chinese after 6 months!
I heard that Chinese beds are hard as stone....... But this one looks soo... yummy!
Lobby! That's where I'll be working at first!
Welcome to China!!!!!

That being said, I decided to go to Warsaw immediately to take care of the visa matters. I decided it today! And I checked the application for visa again and..... PHOTO! I forgot about the photo for visaaaa! As I had to be at work on 4pm, and it was almost 1pm (and I was still eating my breakfast, chatting with Juno and what's most important wearing my pjs), I started running panically around the house and in 30 mins I was heading to the photographer. When asked by the photographer when do I want my photos? I was like 'ASAAAAAP please'. I got them after 15 minutes ^^)v
I don't have to add that I look really awkward on the photo, right?
But it's still better than my ugly passport photograph. I haven't used my passport even once yet, I never left Europe, never been to Ukraine, so I've never needed it. When my ugly photo will be enclosed to public it will be sooo embarassing....
Why did they set their HQs in the smaller city, I wonder......
But when I think right now..... Damn, only 26 days left for me in Poland. I'm soooo damn scared!!!!!!!!!!


Time left to Noodles in China: too little

No comments:

Post a Comment