Friday, April 19, 2013

I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.

It's been a while since I wrote something. And a few things changed over the past weeks. First of all, we have spring already in Poland too. The weather was very unstable lately, giving us snow and sun, rain and clouds, but finally the weather forecast seems promising with temperatures around 18-22 Celsius degrees, sun and little rain.

Secondly, I am continuing my part-time job in 5 star hotel and gradually I'm getting used to procedures, nature of the guests and the whole atmosphere at work. Everyone is very nice to me (one person even called me Pam!!!), we have free food (sometimes we even get some exquisite desserts), I got my own stamp with my name, so I can mark all the invoives made by me. I meet Lufthansa flight crew everyday, as we always have 10 rooms for the crew. They are usually coming twice a day, 5 people at once and leaving also 5 people a time. And the other thing is, we have a lot of important people coming.

This month we have a so-called Off Camera Festival on in Kraków, so many actors, actresses, script writers and directors are coming to participate. Although it's an independent movie's festival, the most famous actors in Poland (and also some foreign ones too) came. I'm not a fan of Polish movies or TV series, so I'm very thankful to the notes someone left next to every guest's name, like 'an actor', 'director of this and this movie', 'script writer, won a competition somewhere'. Last time when some people came to check-in, one of the bellboys stood next to me, took a piece of paper and wrote: "Did you watch today's 'Good morning TVN' programme on TVN channel?". I denied withut hesitation, I don't even have a TV in my room. "This guy was in the programme. He's famous" - was another thing my colleague wrote. Oh cool. I looked at the guests, who didn't stand out of other guests coming to our hotel everyday. Well, maybe the tattoos everywhere made him look a bit underground, but it didn't make him look famous or anything. Everyone was talking about who will stay in our hotel and how famous they are, but I didn't know those people at all! Am i that ignorant to our Polish fames? I asked Mr. Google about some of the people others were talking about. They really were famous actresses! He really was well-known script writer! Oh, and the other nice guy was actually a movie director! Ah, and the smiling lady was quite famous too! They were all marked as VIP guests, and we had some small gifts waiting for them in their rooms (our best rooms of course). But honestly, famous people are people too. I don't know what is more rude - to recognize those famous people and be so excited about it, or not recognize them at all (of course, the VIP status is marked in the system, so no way one could forget about it).

To end this post, I want to share my discovery. A small shop next to my block of flats has a new item on sale!
Extra sour, Liquid filled CAMEL BALLS!
 The new type of bubble gum called Camel Balls, gluten free. I really wonder how did something like this happen? I mean, how could someone think of creating camel balls bubble gum for children. Would you dare to chew on camel balls? What if the kids take it too literary and when they go on a trip to Egypt and they try to chew on the actual ones?
I think I'll buy a few for my nephews! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment