Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Krakow places - Spot no 1.

It's been 1,5 months since I started my new job. It's still not a full-time job yet, but it's a job I want to do, in a great environment and opportunities. Today I got my contract extension till the end of this year. To celebrate I went to my usual place after work. It's just another chain bakery where I was buying bread sometimes one year ago, when I was still eating bread everyday, at least 3 times a day. Never had I expected this bakery to develop so much as to change into a nice and cozy hangout for myself.

Walking to my bus stop, the bakery I want to talk about is halfways. A perfect location to tempt Pam into going inside. Another being window seats. Yet another, free wireless internet connection, with no passwords needed. The bakery is called 'Buczek' (read: boochehk) and it's one of countles Buczeks scattered around center of Kraków. Orange-red colour of its logo and interior design makes it quite distinctive next to all the gray buildings around. The Buczek Bakery offers variety of breads, buns, cakes and desserts, as well as cheap, but tasty coffee prepared in something looking like a good quality coffee machine. I go there everytime I work in the morning, so this month it wasn't that often. But I had a chance to try a few items from their "menu".

1. Peach & Passionfruit musse.

A delicate pudding/musse with peach and passionfruit taste, finished with a coctail cherry. A very satisfying treat. Not too sweet, not to dull either. A perfect dessert for hot days and a cup of coffee.

2. Blackcurrant roll.


Blackcurrant jam/jelly filling in a thin sponge cake. I'm not a fan of black currant, so I didn't like the sweet-sour taste, neither the consistence of jellyish filling. The best thing for me personally was the thick layer of white chocolate on the top and decoration made of almond flakes. I wouldn't recommend it to people who have similar taste to mine, but if you wish, try and judge it yourself!

3. Fruit tartlet


Fruit tartlets are never a bad choice. White cream with a surprise of marmalade inside, delicate shortbread and variety of fruits on top. I spcifacally chose the one with both strawberries and kiwis, it had also one pineapple piece!

4. Coffee
I always drink cappuccino with no sugar (thanks to Ellen I started to drink it like this) and it's okay. Not a coffee which makes you sight with amazement, but a good coffee to start or end (in my case) your day at work. Everytime you buy something in the bakery, you get a post-it with discount printed on it, which makes the coffee cost 3 pln next time you come ^^)/ How awesome is that!

Buczek Bakery is cool and if you have a chance, try tasting some of their delicacies!

1 comment: